A Home Away From Home
Cal Poly Humboldt will be your student's home away from home for the next several years. We hope that you will feel at home here, too. Here are some resources for you to learn about our community and stay involved in your student's experience:
During our August family and guest orientation program, participants will meet members of the campus community and learn more about Cal Poly Humboldt through activities designed just for them.
Tips from other Humboldt families on matters large and small.
10 ways to support your student
Compiled by a Student
- Send mail and care packages (they make us feel special)
- Learn to love email, instant messenger and video chats
- Tell us you are proud of us
- Keep us updated on what is going on at home and try to keep us involved in family life
- Write us (even if we don't write back)
- Ask what we have learned, not just the grade we got
- Visit (not too often – and call first)
- Call us (set up a weekly time)
- Encourage us to explore new subjects and interests
- Sometimes just listen. We may just need to get our thoughts straight and it helps to have someone who listens